Most of the $$ will go to tzedakah! We’ve donated over $1200 annually. The organizations that will receive our tzedakah this year have already been chosen:
- Hazon, which promotes a Jewish approach to local, sustainable food, organizing and supporting synagogue-based CSA’s, Jewish farming initiatives, and education around healthy eating.
- The Ashkelon, Israel, Ethiopian immigrant community Passover Food Fund, through our own “shalichah”, Rabbi Anita Steiner.
- The Kibera School for Girls’ food program (near Nairobi ) which, for 15¢ per day feeds each student 2 meals a day + fruit and nutritious snacks – which means we are covering over 2000 days!
- A local food cupboard – we hope to work with area gardeners who donate produce for the hungry.
Become a Purim Baker: This lowers our costs and leaves more to donate. Please email Abby Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can bake. Please leave your baked goods in the Maslow by 3:00 PM on Thursday.
Donate Items for Baskets: If you have items for the baskets, such as fun promotional items (pens, etc) or educational materials, [there are 65 baskets], contact email@example.com .
Basket Assembly: Doug Lerner and Ken Cohen are coordinating the basket assembling. It will be held at GJC on Thursday, March 17, 3-6. Please join them – it is fun!
This year D”D is going “Green.” There are 3 ways of donating money:
- Electronically through our account at www.paypal.com, our account is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing a check made out to MINYAN DORSHEI DEREKH to Carol Tinkleman, 316 Glen Echo Road, Phila., PA. 19119. Please let Carol know if your donation is in honor/memory of someone.
- Bringing cash or a check to D”D during our Purim Megillah reading, Saturday night.
Wear Costumes, Of Course!